Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Local Navigation | Skip to Content

Original text

Ask Cabrillo

left: students walking; right: students graduating


To get started, type a question in the box below. For example: "How do I apply to Cabrillo?"

Our Best Answer
Do I have to apply as an international student if I have an H1B visa?

Students with H1B status

If you are a US citizen, permanent resident, refugee, undocumented, AB540, H1B, or any other visa category, you will not be considered an international applicant even if you currently reside outside of the US.

If you are not considered an international student by the above criteria, you should not apply through the International Student Office. This is true even if your academic records are from another country, your native language is not English and you have lived abroad most of your life.

You are considered an “international” or “non-immigrant” applicant if you need a visa to reside and study in the United States. These are typically applicants with F, J, and B status. More information on student visas can be found at:

For more information regarding applying at Cabrillo College please visit: International Student Program

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Having trouble finding your answer?
    Was this page helpful?  Yes  No
Ask Cabrillo WebAdvisor Cabrillo Library Cabrillo Bookstore  Canvas icon  Facebook Icon Twitter Icon YouTube

© 2013 Cabrillo Community College District

Campus Safety | Accessibility

Main Campus, 6500 Soquel Drive Aptos CA 95003, 831.479.6100