Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Local Navigation | Skip to Content

Original text

Ask Cabrillo

left: students walking; right: students graduating


To get started, type a question in the box below. For example: "How do I apply to Cabrillo?"

Our Best Answer
What is an Educational Plan?

Education Plan

An Educational Plan (Ed Plan) is a plan, semester-by-semester, of the courses you need to take to complete your educational goal - an Associate Degree, certificate, or transfer-preparation to a four (4)-year university.

The Ed Plan maps out the series of classes including general ed., prerequisites, electives, courses for your major, and preparation for your major at a university if you will be transferring.Your plan will include classes you took at other colleges (so bring your transcripts) plus Cabrillo courses. 

An Education Plan will direct you towards your academic goal without wasting valuable time and money. There are two types of education plans: Abbreviated (one to two semesters to get you started) and a Comprehensive Ed Plan which has all classes needed for your major and academic goal (degree, certificate, transfer). You can always change your major and then will need to update your Ed Plan with a counselor to make sure you have all requirements in there. 

Don't risk losing any credits towards your academic or professional goals, make an appointment with a counselor (831.479.6274) to get more details.

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Having trouble finding your answer?
    Was this page helpful?  Yes  No
Ask Cabrillo WebAdvisor Cabrillo Library Cabrillo Bookstore  Canvas icon  Facebook Icon Twitter Icon YouTube

© 2013 Cabrillo Community College District

Campus Safety | Accessibility

Main Campus, 6500 Soquel Drive Aptos CA 95003, 831.479.6100